The Dallas Photographers Pre Shoot Checklist
- Turn on all lights, including the fireplace if applicable
- Turn off all ceiling fans
- Minimize clutter in all rooms, on end tables, kitchen counter tops, bathroom counters, shelving, etc. This includes big frames, phones, clocks, etc.
- Remove all small throw rugs / doormats / bathroom mats. Large area rugs may remain in place.
- Remove all small kitchen appliances. Make all countertops, even bathroom as clean and empty as possible.
- Please remove pets during the photo shoot unless they are extremely friendly to strangers. I have and will sometimes use pets as props on the beds.
- Remove yard signs (for sale signs, home security signs, school signs, etc.)
- Hide out of sight water hoses and other miscellaneous garden items.
- Remove any toys, cleaning supplies, recycling bins, miscellaneous items that are not directly related to the exterior area.
- Arrange outdoor furniture as you would like it photographed. Open any patio umbrella's if wind permits.
- Sweep / remove leaves and other items in patio areas.
- Either the agent of the homeowner will be responsible for lighting candles and fireplaces. Our photographers are not allowed to light these items due to insurance.